Manufactured in Germany, the Gigatome Phantom One is a large motorised, heavy-duty sledge microtome for histology and material sciences.
The Gigatome is used for cutting much larger specimens where standard microtomes might struggle, taking paraffin blocks of up to 200mm x 300mm x 70mm in size. It is suitable for whole body sections, sections of complete organs such as eye balls or brains, and other biological sectioning including human kidney, iliac crest, liver and prostate glands.
It is also widely used when wanting to slice tricky and hard materials such as bones, vertebrae, tooth and implants.
Operated through the intuitive masterclass Siemens touch screen technology, it comes with two electronic handwheels. The control panel can be operated on either the left or right side of the microtome with the position easily set depending on the user’s preference. Password protection can also be set-up to stop any unauthorised usage.
The Gigatome Phantom One is manufactured using only the finest and most durable components. It has been engineered and built to work continuously and last a lifetime.
- Siemens Touchscreen Masterclass Controls
- Multilingual intuitive operation
- Anti-Vibration-Table on heavy-duty transport rollers, with the possibility to decouple the microtome from the ground to ensure optimal sectioning results
- Electronic high-precision handwheels for adjustments
- Magnetic XY orientation & 360° rotation of Specimen
- Highly precise three-phase current motors
- Low maintenance construction
- Control panel on a telescopic attachment can be chosen to be operated either on the left or the right side of the microtome
- 550kg metal for perfect stability